5 sep, 2016
I have always been fascinated by classical music and the talented musicians. To celebrate this great form of art I decided to take the classical musicians out of their normal environment into the wild in Karura Forest.
Getting to the location was difficult due to the rains on the night prior to the shoot. We got stuck in mud and had to get out of the car several times to push it.
Walking down to the waterfall is a steep slope that proved challenging with all the photography equipment and the musical instruments. This was made worse by the rain since it was muddy and quite slippery.
Luckily it did not rain all through the shoot and the musicians were patient with me as I asked them to try challenging poses to achieve some extra ordinary results.
Some props we used were not so lucky as they ended up being carried away by the water. Thank God no one was swept away... so let the images carry you away.
Behind the Camera
- Photographer: Rich Allela
- Models: David Ralak, Masala Sefu, Brian Mwanika, Bernadette Muthoni, Joyce Wanjiru
- Make-up artist: Achy Brey
- Video: Redemshon Junior
- Assistants: Peter Wanjiru
- Equipment: Canon 6D, Godox RS600, Tamron Lens F2.8 24-70mm, Canon F4 70-200mm
- Feel free to quote and publish the photos on your online publication (please credit & link back to the original). High-rez press images, and more can be found in this google drive link.
- Commercial requests and rights: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interview requests: email@example.com